Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Weekend with a Seven Year Old!

A couple of weeks ago my youngest daughter was able to get a hold of her younger sister. This would be my ex-husband's daughter with one of his girl friends. My ex has four kids that he does not talk to. When my daughter was talking to her sister's mom she asked if we could get her sister for a weekend. I told her we would have to talk to my boyfriend about it.

So last Friday we went and picked up her sister for the weekend. Then my older daughter came to see her too. My older daughter spent Friday night here because she was going to her aunt and uncle's house on Saturday. My poor boyfriend was in a house with all females. Friday night we went out for dinner at McDonald's because my boyfriend said it was getting late and we had to meet my older daughter. She does not know the way to our place from the highway she lives in Appleton. When we finally got home the little one was still full of energy. She finally laid down  and went to sleep. Then my older daughter came and asked me if we could go to her aunt and uncle's on Saturday so they could see her little sister. Because no one has seen the little one in about three years. I told her to ask my boyfriend because it was his weekend too. She went and asked him and he said yes.

So Saturday morning I got up and made everyone breakfast and everyone took showers. Then we all were on our way to my ex- brother in-law's house. They live about forty miles away from us. It was nice on the way there because all the girls were in my older daughters car and my boyfriend and I were in our car. When we got there everyone was so happy to see all three girls. They still consider me family to them. I have known them for twenty seven years. Ever since my divorce they always considered my kids and I family. It was so nice to see them and they were able to meet my boyfriend. They really like my boyfriend and they are so happy that I am happy now. We stayed there for a couple of hours then we came back home. I was able to get some pictures of the girls with them also. The only thing about leaving there is the little one was upset that my older daughter stayed there. When we got back into town we had some shopping to do and then we went home for dinner.

Then on Sunday I woke up and made breakfast for everyone and we just spent the day at the house. I put in the Lion King for the little one and I don't know who enjoyed it more her or my boyfriend. The two of them were singing the songs right along with the movie. It was funny to watch the two of them. But then it was time to take her home and she didn't want to go home. She was having a real good time with us and in the car she looked so sad. Before we left town to take her home we took her by Lake Michigan and she goes that is so big. Her eyes were so big when she said that. When we got to her house I showed her mom and step dad the pictures from the weekend and told them what we did with her. They were just glad that she had a real good time with us. We were a little late getting her home and I apologized for that. Her mom said she was not worried because she knew that her daughter was in good hands with us. I also told the little one that I would call her mom and come get her again so she can spend time with her sister. She was so happy when I told her that.

That little one has just as much energy at that age as all three of mine when they were that young. Don't ask me how I made it raising my kids when they were like that. But you can see that the little  one is my kids sister. They all look alike in one way or another. My son was upset because he could not come down to see his little sister but he was able to talk to her on the phone. The little one just loved our dog she kept going by the dog and petting her.

This was are weekend with a seven year old with so much energy that she made my younger daughter crazy. But we all enjoyed the weekend with her. I know for sure I am getting her again in May for my younger daughters graduation party.

2 comments:

  1. It's good that you guys got to meet again and had such a good time! Even though marriages fall apart and parents part ways, the bond should always be cherished. I have an older sister from my dad's previous marriage who's only allowed to mingle with us when she's married (her mom forbid but her husband lets her!); we try as much as we can to make up for those lost time every now and then. Sometimes you may read about her in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids and I are very family oriented. We keep in touch with both sides of our family. My ex in-laws are very much part of our family and always will be. Last year we lost my ex mother in-law. So I call to make sure my ex father in-law is doing alright.

    I am glad you keep in touch with sister because family and friends are very important to each person. I can't wait to hear how you and your sister are doing.

    ReplyDelete