Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today is Valentine's Day.

I just wanted to write a little something I had read on Wikipedia. This was put on the calendar in 1969 by Pope Paul the VI. At first this day was just suppose to show the person that you love how much you love them.

Then all of a sudden Hallmark came along and started to put it all on the greeting cards. Then there was the clothes and the flowers and candy. Then came the kids exchanging the cards and candy at school.

I just can't believe how commercialized this has come over the years. Yes I had to buy the cards for my kids for school because I did not want them left out in school. They started to put all the things out for Valentine's and Christmas wasn't even over yet. This is really getting out of hand.

I have told Drew all I need is to be with him I don't need anything else. I did surprise him last Thursday there was a c.d. he wanted and I went out and bought it for him and I tied a balloon to it and I told him it was a early Valentine's for him. I did this because when I have a bad day at work he will surprise me with a rose laying on the bed. This was my way of showing him how much I love him.

I just want to wish everyone a Very Happy Valentine's Day!♥

No comments:

Post a Comment