Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My Revue on Journey's Album Frontiers!

I was thinking of an album to do today and Journey came to mind. This album is one of my favorites from Journey.

This album came out after I graduated high school. It has a lot of memory for me. Because I had just broken up with one of my boyfriends and I would sit in my room and just listen to the songs. I will tell you what each of the songs on here means to me.

Separate Ways- This song is tells me that no matter if you break up with someone that you love you will find true love along the way. Yes my boyfriend back then hurt me but now I found the love of my life.

Send Her My Love- I had gotten married back in December 1983. My now ex husband was in the Army and he was in basic training. He told me to listen to this song and I would know how much he loved me. It was like with this song he was sending me his love.

Chain Reaction- This song I do like it. But it is the music that I like for this song.

After The Fall- I love the beat of this music and what it tells you. It tells me that no matter what happens in a relationship to pick yourself up and move on.

Faithfully- This is my favorite song on the album. This song is how I am in a relationship. I am always faithful and tell my boyfriend the truth. The music in this song is so great and yes I know it is a ballet but I love it. It basically is telling you to be faithful and true. That is what I love about this song.

Edge Of The Blade- The beginning of the song just listening to the music you just start to get into the music. This is great it just makes you move with it. That is what I like about this song.

Troubled Child- This song I really don't care for. It just don't so anything for me.

Back Talk- This song at the beginning gets you moving to the music too. I like the beat of the music.

Frontiers- This song I really don't care for. The music is alright but it just don't do anything for me.

Rubicon- This song I get into the music. I like the beat of the music a lot but that is about it for me.

Yes I do have my favorites for this album and some that I really don't care for. To me this is a really great album. I will listen to the albums with Steve Perry singing. To me it just isn't Journey with him singing. I would like to hear what you like and dislike about this album. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I am leaving you with my favorite video!♥


5 comments:

  1. Frontiers never really was one of my better albums from Journey. Yes, it has some great tunes. In fact, the entire first half is awesome! Somehow, the second half got a little lost for me. The band started to sound like they were losing a little steam there. Don't get me wrong, I like this album, but I prefer Escape over this.

    BTW, I love your song by song review on this..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drew that is how I feel about this album. The reason why I did it on this album is because of the one song which is my favorite on this album. This album does have a lot of memories for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With Journey I remember the album cover artwork more than the music. I remember being a little boy and sneaking into my older brother's bedroom to check out his music collection. I like Journey's music but as a little boy it was the sci-fi themed album covers that grabbed my attention far more than the music.

    Speaking of Journey and their album covers-- there's a solid review of their latest album, Eclipse over on Something Else Reviews that you might want to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perplexo-just read the link you gave. After hearing that new tune, I just might take up the offer to go see them in Oshkosh in July.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perplexo- I did check it out and I really like the music. Thank you letting me know about the new one. But it is something about Steve Perry's voice that I really like with Journey. Yes the album covers are really great too.

    ReplyDelete