Monday, May 16, 2011

My Album Revue!

Today I decided to write about Rush's Moving Pictures album. I have listened to this album since it came out. But I always wanted to go and see Rush in concert. I finally had that chance last summer with my boyfriend when we went to Summerfest and seen Rush.

I remember when I had gotten this album. My parents didn't like the fact that I was listening to this music. I didn't care at the time because I like there music very much.

To me each song on the album tells a story about the whole album. This I never knew until my boyfriend told me about that. Then he played this album and I seen the story to the album. Then he told me to listen to the music more than the words. I did that and I couldn't believe the instrumental I was listening to on this album. My boyfriend really has opened my eyes to a different light to music. This is the main reason why I am writing about this album. This is the first album we listened to together last summer. This is something I will never forget either because of how much I love my boyfriend.

All of the songs on this album are great. I love every one of the songs on here. But seeing them perform the songs in concert is so much better than listening to the album. Just standing there listening and watching them perform each one of the songs was unreal. We had really good sets and we could watch the stage or we had a screen right by us to watch too. Watching Neal just beat on the drums was great to watch. He is just surrounded by all of these different drums in a circle. Then Geddy going from keyboards to bass and singing. That was really interesting. He does have a great voice singing. Then Alex on the guitar. I loved his guitar solo that was awesome.

If you are a Rush fan this is one album to have in your collection.  There are five main songs on here that I really like the most. Tom Sawyer I know this has been over played but it is a great song, Red Barchetta is another great song, Limelight this is another great song, The Camera Eye is an awesome song on here and Vital Signs is another great song.

I hope you like this revue of the Rush album. I would like to hear what you have to say about this album. I am going to leave you with a video of Tom Sawyer with the Cartoon intro.


No comments:

Post a Comment