Monday, July 16, 2012

Weekend WIth My Granddaughter!

Thursday I went to Oshkosh to pick up my Granddaughter. I was up and out of the house by eight o'clock in the morning. I had to go and drop something off to Drew at work on his break. I could not believe it how busy it was up there already. I was up there at noon and it was the first day for Rock U.S.A.. I was meeting my son at the motel they were staying at to pick up my Granddaughter.

When I got there it was my son, his girlfriend, my older daughter and two of my sons friends. I know his two friends they call me mom too. They put all the stuff in my car and I was talking to them for a few minutes. I couldn't stay long because I had to be back to pick Drew up from work.

I was really surprised that my Granddaughter was really good when I left the motel. She didn't cry and she fell asleep in the car on the way back. I had the air conditioner on and the radio going. It was a lot of driving for me that day. When we finally came home with Grandpa we just stayed home the rest of the day so she could get use to the house.

Then on Friday I took Drew to work again. I had some errands to do that day like always when I have Fridays off. So we went and seen Grandpa for his lunch and he had to share his sandwich with her. Then from there we went to my work to get my work schedule and then we went to do the rest of the errands. She just loved going running around with Grandma. By the time I was done with that it was time to go and pick up Drew from work. When we came home it started to storm here. I put her in the stroller and we went out on the patio to watch the storm and she was just love watching the rain come down. When we ate dinner she just eats what ever we had and right off our plates. She does not like the baby food. After dinner we went to this ice cream shop called Scoops. She just loved it because she got ice cream for all of us. It was my youngest daughter, Drew and I.

Saturday we went to Illinois to see my aunt and my cousin. It was funny because when I made breakfast she was facing me to eat up on the bed then she would turn to Grandpa to get some of what he had on his plate. My aunt has never seen my Granddaughter and this was the first time. It was really nice to see my aunt and cousin again. Even though I don't live that far from them it is hard to find the time to go and see them. They couldn't believe she is walking holding on to furniture. She was really good while we visited no crying and just really happy with all the attention. My cousin made an early dinner that was really good.  When we ate she sat on my lap and she had to have what ever Grandma and Grandpa had on there plates.

Then on the way home that day we stopped at the store and she was just sitting in the shopping cart looking around. I went to get some cheese and she had to hold the cheese. It was a small brick of cheese and she tried biting through the wrapper. We did are shopping and came home by that time it was almost time for her to go to bed.

Sunday morning we had to get up early to get ready to take her back to mom and dad. I made breakfast and then it was time to give her a bath. After the bath I made Grandpa get her dressed because he had something on his mind. I was not getting in the middle of this between him and my son. Drew is a Packers fan and my son is a Bears fan. Her is the reason Grandpa dressed her.

When we went to leave there was an Iron Man Marathon going on in town. It felt like it took forever to get out of here. But we made it on time to get her to mom and dad. You should have seen the look on my sons face when he seen her in the Packer outfit. It was funny his friends were laughing so hard. But he had his girlfriend change her right away. But you should have seen mommy when we got there she missed her baby so much. This was the longest she was away from her.

She was a really good baby the whole weekend. The only problem we had was getting her to sleep. Grandpa figured out an easy way to get her to fall asleep is put her in the stroller and just push her back and forth in it. But just leave her in there for about twenty minutes. We really enjoyed having her for the weekend. But I really didn't get to do a couple things I really wanted to with her. I wanted to take her to our zoo in town and take her and put her feet in Lake Michigan. It was like the weekend went so fast with her. I think last night Grandpa went into a Granddaughter withdraw. I was teasing him about that. We had a great time with her here for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment