Friday, November 11, 2011

Veterans Day!

Yes I am late in writing this. I was meaning to get this done last night but I forgot about it with my work.

Yes we are all very lucky for all the men and women out there risking there lives for all of us. Trying to make it a safer place for all of us to live. I am very thankful for them.

I just wish that they would all come home to there families very soon. So none of there families have to worry about them anymore and they can see there children grow up.

I also feel bad for the families that have lost there husband's, wives, sons daughters and grandkids that have died overseas. When I hear about the people that come home and have been killed overseas I feel so bad for the families.

My dad was in the Army and he was in the Forgotten War called the Koren War.

I have a lot of family members and friends that were in the Military. There is my dad, my uncle, my boyfriends dad, my ex husband, my cousin is in the Coast Guards, a friend that is like a brother to me was in the Army and a lot of friends.

My dad use to drive a deuce half truck which is now called a cargo truck. He had a gas tanker on the back of it. He had to drive in the dark and try to miss the mines in the field. My dad would tell us kids about this a lot. I never did mine listening to my dad talk about it because I really enjoyed it. Learning about what my dad went through over there.

Then my uncle would tell us how it was for the Navy over there also. It was not easy for any of them.

I just want to say thank you to all of the men and women in the Military and sacrificing there lives to keep us safe!♥

No comments:

Post a Comment