Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Another Weekend With The Seven Year Old!

Yes we had my ex husband's seven year old again this past weekend. She just kept bugging her mom to come by us again. So I said sure she can come here for the weekend.

We did have her for a week last month too. That was the week of my boyfriend's birthday that she had come here. That week I didn't know what he wanted to do. We were asked to go up north by his parents but he didn't want to do that. I told him it was his birthday so we would do what he wanted to do. He just wanted to be home and go and see a band. So I asked him if my ex husband's daughter could come her for the week and he said yes.

That week was really funny. Because on that Monday she woke up and said were is he and I told her he went to work. You should have seen the look on her face. Then she said I didn't get to say good bye to him. I told her that he would be calling. She said alright and when my phone rang I said it is him. She had a smile on her face. She was real good that whole week. When I got the car and went to see him for lunch and to pick him up she had to go with me. I call her his shadow.

This past weekend with her she had to be with him. My daughter got upset because she was with us most of the time. I said there is nothing I can do about it. Saturday he cooked out and she was outside with him. Then she wanted to sit outside with only him and eat dinner. They sat outside for about three hours just the two of them. After they finished dinner they were catching fire flies. Then Sunday she stayed here with my daughter while my boyfriend and I went to see some friends of ares. When we came home we had dinner then it was time to take her home. She was also helping my boyfriend Saturday night with some things and he bought her two coloring books and crayons to take home.

While she was here on Saturday we took her to petland to pet the animals there. Then we went downtown to the lookout so she could see out on Lake Michigan and see everything there. But then she wanted to put her feet in Lake Michigan so we took her to the light house to do that. We made the whole afternoon to do that with her.  She had a really good time doing that.

Every time we have to take her home she says to me I want to stay here with you. I ask her why she wants to stay with us. She tells me because we don't yell at her and she does more. I understand Mom and Stepdad don't have a car but they do need to do more with her. We don't have the money to do a lot when she comes here either but we find something to do for her. She just puts on her little sad face in the car all the way home. I feel so bad when we have to take her home and she don't want to go. Sometimes I just wish she could stay with us but I know she can't. So that was are weekend with the seven year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment