Monday, March 7, 2011

Thoughts for Food 2011-The Review

This was the first time I have been to Thoughts for Food. I didn't know what to expect. This is a benefit for the food pantry here. It cost $10.00 and you can go and see as many bands as you like. They play from 7pm to 1pm. We went and saw five bands Saturday night. I have pictures of the bands and I will let you know what I thought of each one of them and also let you know what kind of music each one plays. I know I am a little late on writing this Iam sorry


This is Identity Crisis we went to see them first from 7pm to 8:15pm they were at the Michigan Pub. They are a Rock Band. I really didn't know what to expect with this band. I was really surprised how they sounded. This was the first time I have ever heard them and they were really good. They played more of the 90's music and I knew some of the music. They played music like Led Zeppelin, Tom Petty. The Rolling Stones. They did a great job on all

the songs that they played. I couldn't believe when we got to the bar it wasn't that crowded but when we went to leave when the band was done playing how crowded the bar had gotten. It was standing room only by that time. I really enjoyed listening to this band playing I could sit there and listen to them play more if the time permitted.


This was the second band we went to go and see. This is Lynden Moon we saw them at Coaster's bar. They played from 8:30pm to 9:45pm. we only stayed for half the time because there was another band playing at the same time that we wanted to go and see also. This is an instrumental band and the lead guitar player writes his own music for the band. I thought I would never like an instrumental band at all. But this band is so good I didn't want to go and see the other band play. I wanted to stay there and listen to them for the whole time. They also have cd's out to buy. I couldn't believe how good they were and there was only one song by the Beatles that they played. The rest of the music was written by the lead guitar player. I really enjoyed going to see this band play. When we got here it was all standing room only.


This is third band we went to see Mean Jake we went to see them at Chartroom Charlie's. They played from 8:30pm to 9:45pm. This is the band that we went to go and see the other half of the time. They have Rock and Blues music. I seen them down at the beach over the summer and they are a really good band. I can't believe with this band where ever they go they have a big crowd of people that are there to listen to them play. I don't blame the people either because this band is really good. The people are out there dancing to the music and sing along with the band. By the time we had gotten to the bar it was standing room only. The people were standing in the isle this is how crowded it was here. The band was in a corner playing and the crowd didn't seem to mind that there was little room to move around. The music was great.

This is the fourth band we went to see Razors Edge they played at the Eagles Club upstairs from 10pm to 11:15pm. This is a AC/DC tribute band. We seen this band play at Party on the Pavement. The band is good. The lead guitar player is dressed in the red velvet short suit. They do have the AC/DC sound. Yes I do like AC/DC's music and they played a lot of it. Like Hell's Bells, Jailbait, Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, Highway to Hell and You Shook Me All Night Long. They also had people come and play the bag pipes which I thought was really cool. When we got there the band wasn't even playing yet and people were going in and out still. About half way through the show it was standing room only. This was not one of my favorite band's of the night. There is something about this band I just didn't like and I don't know what it is.


 This is the fifth band we went to see Full Flavor they played from 11:30pm to 12:45pm. They were at the Eagles Club downstairs.  They have Classic Rock music. I have seen them play at the beach over the summer. I really like this band the lead guitar player really gets into the music and he also sings some of the songs. By this time a lot of the people have gone home so it wasn't as crowded. The music was great and I really like this band. The people were dancing and singing along with the band. They played music from Aerosmith, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Beatles and Santana. I think what I really like about this band is how the lead guitar player just gets into the music so much. They way he plays that guitar is just great. This was the last band for the night and I really enjoyed listening to the band.

Like I said this was the first time I went to this benefit and I had a real good time going to it with my boyfriend. It was really different and you had to walk from place to place. I also got to listen to some great music and I enjoyed my night. I applaud all the bands for an enjoyable night and they all did a great job. We also ran into some people that my boyfriend knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment