Friday, March 18, 2011

My Revue of Garth Brooks

These are my thoughts about Garth Brooks. I really like his music also I have gone to one of his concerts. He does have a real good concert and he can not stand still when he is on stage. He says that the stage is his playground and he wants all his fans to be able to see him. That is the main reason why he is always walking and running around on stage.

Garth's real name is Troyal Garth Brooks and he was born on February 7, 1962 in Tulsa, Oklahoma. This was his mom and dad's second marriage. Garth has four siblings that are half brothers and sisters.

In High School Garth was in sports. These are the sports he was in Football, Baseball and Ran Track and Field. Then he went to College and he got a degree in advertising.

In 1984 Garth began playing his music in clubs and bars. He was more into Rock music but in 1981 his his main influence was George Strait. After he started to hear George Strait's music then he was inspired to play country music.

In 1985 a lawyer named Rod Phelps drove from Dallas to hear Garth play. After he heard him play he told Garth that he would produce his first demo. So he went to Nashville to record his demo then he went right back home with in 24 hours.

Garth was working as a bouncer in a bar and that is how he met his first wife Sandy. They got married and the in 1987 they moved to Nashville. They had three girls together. It is said to say that in 1999 they got  a divorce.

His first album was released in 1989. It hit the charts with great success and went to number two. Once the first album came out Garth was a real big name in country music. Every album he put out there was always a big hit for him. Not only was the albums a big hit so was all of his concerts. I remember when I was at his concert it was standing room when he hit the stage. I can say one thing for him he had a great career with his music. His career went from 1989 to 2005. He was a singer and a song writer the whole time for his career.

Also one sad thing happened to Garth in 2005. He lost his best friend and another great country music artist his name is Chris LeDoux. Chris was battling cancer of the liver. He did have a transplant but it came back again and took him from us.

Also in 2005 Garth signed a deal with Wal-Mart for a box set. The name of the box set is The Limited Series. This has six- cd's with past songs and lost sessions disc also with eleven previously unissued recordings. The first day it came out he sold over 500,000 copies then by December he sold over a million copies. Wal-Mart was the only store that you could buy this box set at.

Garth had received a number of awards also and here they are Artist of the Decade, Grammy Awards, American Music Awards, Country Music Awards, World Music Awards, People's Choice Awards, Billboard Music Awards, Recording Industry Association Award, Radio Music Award, Golden Globe Award and CMT Awards. I think with the way his career went for him he really deserved these awards.

Here are some of his songs that I really like The Dance, The Thunder Rolls, The River, Friends in Low Places, If Tomorrow Never Comes, Shameless, Good Ride Cowboy ( this was for Chris LeDoux) and  When you come back to me again. There are a lot more I can name but I am going to put a video on here from a moving that he made a song for.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know much about him since country music is not big in this part of the world..but I do know about his lovely wife, Faith Hill..her songs reach our shores instead! Thanks for always giving nice comments to me..you're so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment. Just to let you know that Faith Hill's husband is Tim McGraw. Garth Brook's wife is Trisha Yearwood. Yes it is confusing about them because both couples are in country music. I am glad I could help you with the information so you could know more about him. He does have a lot of really good songs out there. I hope you get to hear some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha..I had been thinking about it too after I commented..did I get the facts right? Thanks for the info..we did hear Trisha's songs but not the guys..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry about that. I am just glad I was able to let you know. It is also good to hear from you. Thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete