Thursday, April 19, 2012

R.I.P. Dick Clark!

Yes yesterday we have lost a very special icon Dick Clark. Born November 30, 1929 and he passed away April 18, 2012.  He was 82 years old when he passed away.

He is remembered best for American Bandstand. On this show he has helped so many singers get recognized. It help Tina Turner, Jackson 5, Stevie Wonder,   Jerry Lee Lewis, Beatles, Beach Boys and Chuck Berry.

Dick Clark is the person most responsible for the bonfire spread of Rock 'N' Roll across America. He said I play records the kids danced and America watched. That is the truth I remember watching his show when I was younger. I loved watching it and hearing the new people coming out with music.

In 2010 he was listed in the Guiness  Book of World Records for having the longest running t.v. show.

Here are some other t.v. shows he was the host of  T.V's Blooper & Practical Jokes, The Pyramid and Jeopardy. I remember these shows because my parents always watched them.

The one thing I always remembered was listening to him do the Top 40 countdown on Saturday mornings. I would never miss this because I liked to hear what singers and songs would be on the top of the charts.

In 1972 he started the New Year's Rock 'N' Eve Show. I love to watch this with him hosting it. He always had music on there and he would have a countdown for each time zone. There was only two times he was not on the show first was 2000 and then when he had his stroke in 2004. Then from 2005-2011 he had a co-host Ryan Seacrest from American Idol. His speech was improving through the years. I am sorry to say this but nobody can ever replace Dick Clark on the Rock 'N' Eve show. He is the only one in my book that can make this show what it has always been a very special day for everyone.

In 2004 he announced he had type 2 diabetes, then in late 2004 he has a stroke and in 2012 he had a medical procedure after that he had a heart attack and passed away. 

I know he is going to be missed by millions of people. This man has touched my heart with everything he has done for the music industry. To me he is the music industry the way he has helped so many singers get there start. I will miss him greatly and my prayers are with his family.

WE MISS YOU DICK CLARK AND REST IN PEACE WE LOVE YOU!♥

No comments:

Post a Comment