Monday, January 14, 2013

The Truth!


Yes this is the sign in the window of Sentry Foods on Washington Ave in Racine Wi. It is a really sad time for all of the employee's right now.

What I want to let everyone know is the true reason why Sentry closed it's door. We had a store meeting back in November about the store closing and the owner was there letting us know what was happening. He is the one that told us the true reason of the store closing. That reason is the owner was losing five percent every year the store was open. This owner was in town for five years and every year he has lost money instead of making money. All the employee's had sixty days notice that the store was closing which I thought was really great. Some of the people had found new jobs before the store closed.

The reason why I am letting you know the truth is because I am so tired of hearing everyone blaming it on Wal-Mart moving across the street from there. That is not the reason because Wal-Mart has not even broke ground yet. That is all I heard for the last two months at work and I could not say the true reason to the customers they also kept saying that they would not shop at Wal-Mart anymore.

I worked until the last day on Friday and I can say that when I was saying good bye to everyone it was really sad. As I walked out the door to go and pick up Drew from work I started to cry because I am going to miss everyone I have gotten to know over the last year and a half.

I hope this helps everyone understand the true reason of the store closing. I was not allowed to say anything while the store was still open so I figured now it is closed and I will let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment